Friday, June 11, 2010

A little family project

So I told my husband that "Watchmen" was about to be a movie.
He got me the graphic novel for Christmas.
I found a forum about the book and movie, and one day ran across a post about a game called The Path.
Bought it, played it. LOVED it, wanted to know more about this amazing little development team.

They're called Tale of Tales, based in Belgium, and are two of the most insanely artistic people I've ever encountered next to my mum and sister. They've also created a gorgeous game based on the tale of Salome, an interactive vignette/meditation on mortality, and a lovely little game/interactive screensaver/MMO called The Endless Forest. Brilliant.

You're a deer. That's it. No rules, no language, no violence. Just art on a global scale and a collaborative spirit. You communicate by gesture, by calling to other deer who represent people all over the world, by dancing with them, running through the woods with them, sitting with them. Mum falls in love with the beautiful screenshots that players have posted and the relaxing atmosphere of running around in a magical place where you can simply BE.

So what do we do?

Contact the developer and ask permission to turn it into a ballet.

And it's going to happen. We've got the space, we've got the beginnings of an extensive wardrobe, props and ideas for stories, music to select and record, narratives to write. I think everyone involved is here at the right time to make this a reality, and I'm very grateful that Michael and Aureia are in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment