Thursday, March 24, 2011

Just when you thought it was safe

Three more weeks on the Coumadin.

I've tried to avoid complaining about this stuff as much as I can but we're in the home stretch and if I don't start venting now my head might explode.

So here's what happens. If you do not eat at all, Coumadin runs rampant through your system and makes damn sure your blood doesn't clot for any reason. The slower the clotting, the higher your INR, the more you bleed, and the less you feel like doing anything because a high INR also renders you achy and tired. Add the flu. Mix it all together and you're borderline anemic and on iron pills.

MORE PILLS. I have heretofore been remarkably calm about all of this, at least publicly, because I don't want to be "that person" who comes off as whiny and needy of sympathy and attention. But dammit, MORE PILLS. I can't stand this shit.

On a positive note, I am more likely to blow this off after a few hours. I think I shall return to my housework and try to not think about my additional medical drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment