Sunday, July 11, 2010

Five more days

and then the recital will be over. Hopefully then we can get some rest.

I find this inspirational:

Brucie the cat and Meggie-pup, lounging in harmony. I want to be anywhere close to that peaceful. Won't happen anytime soon but at least Fahnz is understanding about the situation. Normally I would go on about how great he is but I think anyone who knows us is already aware of that.



All of my mother's pets match not just her house, but each other.
I am not kidding. Two tuxedo cats, one black-and-white pupper, one black-and-brown pupper, and one gorgeous collie.

I guess it's a sign of an artistic mind, that she has matching animals. If they can ever get together and sit still long enough for us to get a picture, it should totally be her next Christmas card.

At the moment my girls are curled up on the couch. They spend a lot of time snuggling:

and sometimes I'll find myself with one kitty on my left arm and one kitty on my right. It's like being smothered in love.

Pearl was needy today. She carries stuff around and talks very loudly when she gets like this. I think she's looking for me and wants to bring me presents. When I came home from the hospital she would not leave me alone, and even after nine weeks since I've been out she sits at the window waiting for me to come home from the studio or come in from my walk or from getting the mail. If I'm inside she follows me around and squeaks. Yes, that big kitty squeaks like a baby bird... but when she's curled up in my lap and purring, it's like she's a tiny kitten all over again.

In fifteen hours and seventeen minutes, it will have been ten weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment