Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Again, this time with feeling

Finally feels like my life is getting back to normal. We start classes in two weeks, my birthday is next week, and I no longer go to bed wondering if this might not be the moment . . .

Fahnz is happy, has a new job. He was really not his best over the past few months, what with my PE and where he was working, and it showed because he seemed so very numb. It's just too much for some people to take when you realize you're treading water, and when you get done trying to maintain that calm, cool exterior, sometimes you just gotta blow it all off and take some time for yourself. This week off is exactly what he needed. He's got a new game to play, new office space to set up, walks to go on with me. Kitties to cuddle, life to live. I feel like we're finding our friendship all over again and it's really quite fun!

I can't wait to start teaching again. I can't wait to take some classes. Been walking a lot, trying to burn off some Coumadin bloat and the weight I put on when I was depressed and on the pill. First order of business for all my classes--even my little girls--STRETCH. I am so bloody-damned stiff it hurts to wiggle my toes sometimes. I want the next two weeks to fly!
When I came back to the studio after my PE, I was still in that weird post-brush-with-death fog and didn't really feel like I belonged there--I think I went back too soon but I didn't feel like I had much choice. My other option was to stay home and feel like I was losing out on everything. Not a fun place to be, but after it was all over our recital was beautiful, more so to me because I almost missed it. So now I'm getting the rest I should have gotten before, and am doing my best to stay busy.

Next week I start helping with Nutcracker costumes over at Mum's house. Don't know what she'll have me do but even if I end up doing the laundry I intend to make sure it runs smoothly for her and for my sister. I believe I shall take my laptop and camera, get some shots of the process to document on our website. Mum's done some amazing work and I can't wait for her to share it with the world. More to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment