Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Angel Voices

I got to see Libera Thursday!

They're a fantastic boychoir from England. We've used their music before, are inspired now to use it again. It really does sound like angels singing.

The concert was at the Basilica here in St. Louis. It was blessed by John Paul II, ya'll.

Mad acoustics, beautiful mosaics--you walk in there and you know you're in a sacred space. Someone in front of us had the nerve to try and record the concert on their cell phone. It seemed very disrespectful to me and I must confess, I was rather pleased when an usher shut her down.

If I tried to describe how wonderful this was I'd probably start crying. They enter in white robes (usually bathed in light but it wasn't an option at the Basilica) and as they sing they wander about the stage, patterned for the best sound for the song they are singing at the moment. Lights would bathe them in colour from the ground up, making the boys look like little glowing spirits. Some of them talked (Hello, I'm... BEN!) and you could tell they were so in tune with each other and with the music, it was like a family. At the end of the night a long table was set up outside the Basilica for the boys to sit and greet the crowd. Mum said they looked like they were having the time of their lives!

I'm glad to have had the experience. I'm glad I was here to have it.

Thank you, Libera. We are truly blessed that you are in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment