Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ugh Part Deux

I have a seven-inch incision on the right side of my stomach that aches if I turn the wrong way and a tummy that can't handle about half of what I eat. I can't sleep at night because I can't curl up on my side. I have to have the Lovenox injections again to make sure I don't randomly clot while I am healing. Almost, but not quite, business as usual. And guess what?

I have never been this blissful. It's not the pain medication either. It's the realization that with this surgery, everything is about to come to an end. According to the most recent ultrasound there is no clot. There may never be one again if I test negative for clotting factors.
I have no intention of doing the Mederma thing with my scar to make it lighter or whatever because I have earned it. This is the result of me having my life turned upside down for the last six months and I will wear it proudly.

For the first time since May Third, I am completely happy. It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment