Thursday, December 9, 2010

Okay

I am off the Coumadin. In about three weeks I get retested for the presence of Fibrin, which is a protein that causes clots, and if I test negative I am off this stuff permanently. No clotting factors so it's not genetic which means there's not much chance of it happening again, according to Magical Hematologist.

So the past few days have been an adjustment period. Apparently the side effects can last for up to five days after your last dose, but I already feel like things in my body are changing a little. I am sleepy. That's the biggest difference right now--while I was on the meds I had insane insomnia, so getting really tired around 6:00 pm is kind of new for me.

My belly is shrinking. Anyone who says Coumadin doesn't cause weight gain is out of it. You get bloated and it goes straight to your tum and it doesn't matter how little you eat, it does not budge. Sadly it's freezing outside so I can't go for walks, but I get plenty of exercise cleaning and going up and down the stairs to the laundry room. Plus I'm not eating much because I'm happier than I was--I can't wait to get back to work!

More later. I've got kitties to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment