Monday, December 13, 2010

Smack

That's me running into the wall. Being home is driving me completely bonkers. I'm cleared to drive so I can go short distances, like to the grocery store and such, but I won't know if I'm okay to go back to teaching until they do an ultrasound on my IVC. It's scheduled at Kick-Ass Vascular Surgeon's office on the 30th of December--at 8:15 in the morning.

I will not be able to partake in any of the tasty coffee that usually starts my day. That's fine, I can juice up on the way home. Still, it seems like a dream that I don't have to do anything clot- or surgery-related until AFTER Christmas.

The worst part is not getting to see my students. The Nutcracker was so beautiful and I am proud beyond words of not just them, but ALL the kids who were in it! Alas, I won't be able to return until KAVS says so. So I'm at home, running out of things to do to keep myself entertained and driving Fahnz crazy because I insist on doing chores. I just feel like nothing would get done if I didn't do it, and it keeps me moving which is a very important part of the healing process.

I'd finish Final Fantasy 13, but that involves a lot of sitting still. Ditto for Bayonetta.

Yesterday I was so desperate for entertainment I cleaned the take-up roller on the vacuum cleaner.

Am rereading Neuromancer. Since watching Splice, I realized that Vincenzo Natali is the best possible director for the Sprawl Trilogy and I hope it gets done. Gotta love it when the right movie and the right director find each other--just like my excitement when Pascal Laugier--if you haven't seen Martyrs and you're old enough to handle it or have a properly iron stomach, DO SO NOW--was shortlisted for Hellraiser. Imagine the sad in the Fahn household when he stepped off the project.

Round Thing has an idea.











Yes, sleepy time is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment