Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to it

No running marathons, no heavy lifting--but I get to go back to the studio today! YAY!!

It's really been difficult, being out of work. I've read up on post-surgical depression and it's given me a lot more clarity about why I'm so miserable. I'm unproductive, couldn't get out and go for walks or exercise properly, felt useless no matter how much housework I did. Hopefully that ends today. Plus I get to start a dance--Mum picked out some KILLER music for the recital this year and it looks like we're starting way early.

The nice part is, the day of my return is the day that the kids who were there the first time I went down are the kids I'm teaching. Seems like they're the ones who get to see me through all of this--my one-year PE anniversary is on a Tuesday this year.

Also today I am getting my blood drawn for another d-dimer, the test that determines if there is the potential for reclotting. I had an ultrasound on my stomach to see how my IVC is healing and the tech checked my leg while I was there. No new growth, which is wonderful because I've been off Coumadin for a month. Fingers crossed--I want that tattoo.

Got some insane boots for Christmas but I gotta get a bigger size. So after my blood draw I am off to *gulp* MACY'S, which hopefully won't be too bad because it's daytime. THEN I'm off to Powder Valley for a nice calm walk. Apparently after abdominal surgery of any kind your tum can be puffy for months. Do not want. Been popping antacids over the past few days and it really does help.

So here we go. I have a fresh haircut, new dye job, and a less than 5% chance of going back on meds. Life starts again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment