Monday, January 17, 2011

Blergh

It's winter. It's cold. It makes my scar hurt. Do not want.

I love being back at work, though. It makes being back on the Coumadin a little more tolerable--that and knowing this is only a 3-month go. The worst part about last year was not knowing when I'd be off that stuff. Now I know and I hope that this time, it sticks. If I calculate the timeline correctly, that puts me getting completely cleared around the one-year anniversary of my initial collapse. If I end up a lifer, so be it. At least now I know what to expect.

I still feel a bit lost, I guess because I was gone for so long. Thankfully I'm surrounded by people who understand how it feels. Two of my students have been invaluable in helping me talk this through because they've been through major surgery and understand how your brain can bend when it comes to the healing process.
My vascular surgeon's office called last week to let me know that everything was pretty well healed, blood was flowing as it should through the IVC. Am working up to stretching, dancing more--rebuilt my sister's website for her dance company from the ground up (thanks for the lessons, Fahnz) and beat "Scott Pilgrim: The Game" last night. Life feels almost normal.

Stuff I want to do:
A dance to "Far Away" from the Red Dead Redemption OST. That song is flawless.
Drop 20 pounds.
Sleep.

I love being alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment